Periodontal or Gum disease:
• Gingivitis: Inflammation of the gum caused by Plaque and Tartar. Early stage of gum disease
• Periodontitis: Inflammation of the gum and supporting structures of the tooth. Advanced stage of gum disease
The leading cause of tooth loss in Adults:
• Brushing atlas twice daily
• Flossing everyday
• Dental exams and professional cleans twice a year
• Bleeding, swollen gums
• Gum recession and sensitive teeth
• Gums bleeding from normal brushing or eating
• Bad Breath (chronic halitosis)
Periodontitis is a more advanced form of gum disease. It causes severe inflammation of gums and surrounding tissues with gums losing their attachment to the tooth. As a result, “pockets” are formed along the gum line which is a perfect haven for bacterial growth. The end result of untreated periodontitis is tooth loss.
Treatment & Risk Factors:
• Regular 6 monthly professional cleans and gum analysis can ensure your risk of gum
disease comes down.
• Poor oral hygiene • Diabetes
• Hormonal changes
Dont Wait, Book Now !
Your local Bendigo dental professionals at
Conveniently located on the 10 Parsonage Grove, Eaglehawk VIC 3556
Dr. Maheesh Nair and his dedicated team at Eaglehawk Dental are proud to be your trusted family dentist in Bendigo and surrounds!
We Care For You!
Thank you for choosing Eaglehawk Dental for your dental care in Bendigo. We understand that every patient is different and we aim to deliver a pleasant and gentle dental experience. To ensure that we provide you with the most comprehensive care, your first dental visit would include:
- Comprehensive oral exam and all required X rays
- Our clinical team would then review your X rays and discuss your treatment needs and
- We at Eaglehawk Dental, understand that you have unique dental needs and conditions and we tailor make your treatment accordingly.