Maintaining good oral hygiene habits is key to achieving optimal oral health. At Eaglehawk Dental, we will help you boost your dental care, at home and in our clinic.
We can help you establish an effective dental hygiene routine that will keep your teeth and gums in their healthiest state. Thus, we are pleased to offer you and your children comprehensive oral hygiene instructions in Bendigo.
What is Good Oral Hygiene?
The concept of oral hygiene is simple. A suitable oral hygiene involves regular brushing and flossing using the right techniques and tools, followed by mouthwash or interdental brush if needed. However, not all people practice good oral hygiene.
If you are not currently practicing good oral hygiene, we are here to help you upgrade it. Committing to healthy lifestyle choices, seeing your dental team regularly, and avoiding bad habits that harm your teeth is what a good oral hygiene should be.
Oral Hygiene Basics
Brushing your teeth
- Brush your teeth daily and every after meal.
- Use the right toothbrush. Choose a brush with soft bristles. Replace your toothbrush every three months or sooner if the bristles are frayed.
- Tilt your brush at a 45-degree angle towards your gums.
- Brush all the surfaces of your teeth, your tongue and gums.
- Brush teeth gently for about 2 minutes.
- Use a 18’ of floss and leave at least one inch to work with
- Gently rub the floss up and down between your teeth
- Slide the floss between the gum line, and avoid snapping the floss on your gums
- Be sure to use a new section of floss for every tooth
- You can use mouthwash at home or anywhere you want to
- Ask your dentist what type of mouthwash is suitable for you
- Keep a healthy diet to help maintain the health of your teeth and gums
- Reduce your consumption of sugary foods and acidic beverages
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Increase your calcium and vitamin C intake if you are prone to dental diseases such as tooth decay and gum disease
Professional Dental Care
- Visit your dentist twice a year for regular dental exams and cleans
- Your dentist and dental hygienist will thoroughly clean your teeth using special tools and demonstrate the right way to brush and floss
- Your dentist will monitor your oral health and detect any developing dental problems you might have
Optimal Oral Heath Starts At Eaglehawk Dental
At Eaglehawk Dental, we have our on-site registered dental hygienist for your convenience. Our on-site dental hygienist has gone through extensive training and testing to provide you with highest possible care.
See your dentist and dental hygienist regularly to avoid tooth decay and gum disease, and maintain a lifetime of healthy smiles.